Want to know my #1 tip for your upcoming Thanksgiving, Friendsgiving, or office Holiday potluck?
BYOV: Bring your own veggies!
Making 50% of your plate non-starchy vegetables helps keep the nutrition and fullness up, while controlling the portion size of the fun foods that we only see during this time of year.
If you are still looking for an easy and healthy dish, check out my Honey Roasted Rainbow Carrot recipe. With only 5 ingredients, you can easily throw it together to get some color on the table!
I used the pre-peeled Les Petites Carrots of Many Colors from Trader Joe’s for this recipe, but any rainbow carrots will do. This recipe is written for 4 servings, but can easily be doubled to serve 8 for a larger party.
Honey Roasted Rainbow Carrots
- 1 pound of fresh rainbow carrots, washed and peeled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh thyme (or 1 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat the bottom of a rectangular or oval baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place the carrots in the baking dish, followed by the olive oil and honey. Toss the carrots to coat with the honey mixture, and spread in a single layer. Sprinkle with thyme and black pepper to taste.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the carrots are cooked and browned around the edges.
- Serve the carrots whole, and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (1 serving): 74 Calories, 2.4g Total Fat, 0.3g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 88mg Sodium, 12.5g Total Carb, 2.8g Fiber, 8.2g Sugar, 1.4g Protein
Want to know more about a having a healthy holiday season? Contact me to set up your FREE 15 minute phone appointment today!