Brittany Jones, MS, RD, LD
Nutrition Philosophy: I work with my clients to help them reach their goals without having to eliminate any of their favorite foods. I take a very practical approach encouraging small realistic lifestyle changes and teaching meal planning.
Hi! I’m Brittany, a Registered Dietitian based in Greenville, SC. Growing up, I always knew I wanted to work in health and wellness, with a focus on disease prevention. When I was younger, I had next to no cooking experience, and it wasn’t until my senior year of high school that I took my first cooking class. Before I knew it, I was leaving my calculus class early to go proof my bread in the oven! These cooking classes soon turned the kitchen into my happy place, and my creative outlet. My passion for health care and cooking is what drove me into the nutrition field, to help others prevent disease through healthy eating habits.
While majoring in Nutrition and Dietetics at Syracuse University and completing my dietetic internship at the Medical University of South Carolina, I started using meal planning to eat a healthy balanced diet on a college budget. I soon found that meal planning also helped keep me organized while in school and work a part-time job. It was here that I really learned the meaning of the phrase “failing to plan is planning to fail.”
People often ask how I kept it all together with work, school, and volunteering while continuing to focus on a healthy lifestyle and my health goals. My answer was always the same: scheduling my time, being organized, and meal planning! During these busy times, I continued to meal plan around my work and school calendars, and grocery shop once per week to ensure that I had healthy food to fuel my busy lifestyle. After some practice, meal planning and grocery shopping became something I didn’t have to think about anymore. It was a habit that I had practiced for so long, that it was ingrained into my lifestyle.
In almost a decade of experience as a dietitian, I have learned that teaching a healthy lifestyle is not just educating on what to eat – it’s coming up with a plan for how you are going to stick with it. This inspired me to open my private practice in 2017, focusing on meal planning and nutrition coaching for those who also have a very busy schedule. My philosophy is that all foods can fit, and together we will design a plan to meet your goals while eating foods you love. My nutrition coaching and meal planning programs are designed to help my clients focus on healthy habits to meet their goals that last a lifetime.
Are you sick of being too busy to focus on a healthy lifestyle? Do you travel a lot for work, own your own business, planning a wedding, or in grad school? Contact me to set up your FREE 15 minute discovery call to discuss your goals, and how meal planning can work for you!
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
- M.S. Health Communications, Boston University 2016
- Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management, Commission on Dietetic Registration 2012
- ACEND Accredited Dietetic Internship, Medical University of South Carolina 2011
- Licensed Dietitian, South Carolina 2011
- B.S. Nutrition Science and Dietetics, Cum Laude, Syracuse University 2010
LEADERSHIP & AWARDS
- 2020 Piedmont Dietetic Association Outstanding Dietitian of the Year Award
- Go Red for Women Luncheon Executive Leadership Committee, American Heart Association
- Board of Directors Member, Generation Kid Strong
- Continuing Education Chair, South Carolina Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Former Communications Chair, Thirty and Under in Nutrition and Dietetics/Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Former PR-Media chair, South Carolina Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Former President, Piedmont Dietetic Association
- 2015 Presidential Award from the South Carolina Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- 2014 Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year, Piedmont Dietetic Association