Hours: 10+ hours/week
NOTE: This is a virtual position, but the Registered Dietitian must hold a dietetics license in South Carolina (can be licensed after hire).
Brittany Jones Nutrition Group is a shame-free, non-diet practice established in 2017 by CEO and Registered Dietitian Brittany Jones, MS, RD, LD in Greenville, SC. Our group of Licensed and Registered Dietitian’s take a weight-inclusive approach to care. Rather than using weight as the primary indicator for health – we focus on behavior change and modifiable outcomes instead. We provide respectful and compassionate care for people in all body types, shapes, and sizes.
The Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian works with clients in the Eating Disorder and Disordered Eating Program offering eating disorder counseling to Brittany Jones Nutrition Group Clients. This position helps fill the need for eating disorder nutrition counseling in the Greenville, SC and surrounding areas to serve medical office referrals, therapist referrals, and the community alike. This position is a virtual position, however the candidate must be licensed to practice dietetics in the state of South Carolina (or become licensed after accepting the position).
- Completes comprehensive patient nutrition assessments during counseling sessions using a weight-inclusive and trauma informed treatment modality
- Interprets lab results and estimates nutrient requirements
- Identifies client’s need for a higher level of care as appropriate
- Develops SMART goals and adapts meal plan/goals with clients as they continue to progress in multiple sessions
- Provides continuous support with clients through thorough charting, optional food logging, answering client emails, and calls
- Communicates and coordinates care with physicians, therapists, psychiatrists, family members, and other care team members
- Represents the Brittany Jones Nutrition Group on social media and with clients
- Completes discovery calls + bookings for eating disorder clients
- Charting and faxing notes to team members in a timely manner
- Demonstrates dependability through attendance and punctuality
- Registered Dietitian Required (B.S. or M.S. in Nutrition Science/Dietetics, and completed ACEND dietetic internship)
- SC dietetics licensure required (can work virtually)
- 1 year in Higher Level of Care
- 3+ years nutrition counseling and nutrition education experience
- Health At Every Size informed, Weight-Inclusive, Practices Anti-Diet and Trauma Informed Nutrition Care
- Motivational Interviewing training and/or experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong computer and EMR skills
- Must hold current professional liability insurance (can be purchased after hire)
- Certified Eating Disorder Specialist and/or Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor
- Training in therapeutic modalities such as CBT, ACT, and/or DBT
- Marketing/sales experience
- Self-starter eager to own their earning potential through a commission based position
- Highly-motivated, energetic, confident, self-starting personal characteristics
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A passion for helping clients change their life through a non-diet and/or intuitive eating approach
- An interest in business development for a start-up company with opportunity for personal and professional growth
This position is a contract based position and the dietitian will receive an agreed upon % of each session based on experience ranging from $65 – $95/hour.