Today I had the pleasure of meeting Jamarcus Gaston from WSPA’s Scene on 7! I shared my top 3 Healthy Thanksgiving tips including:
1. Make half your plate vegetables
2. Be picky and if you can’t choose, opt for 2 Tablespoons of all of your favorites
3. Bring a healthy dish with you!
For my last tip I shared my Sauteed Green Beans with Toasted Almonds, Lemon & Garlic recipe. It’s quick, easy and packed with fiber and good heart healthy fats! If you don’t have a dish to bring to Thanksgiving dinner – I’ve got you covered!
Sauteed Green Beans with Toasted Almonds, Lemon & Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Cups green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 Cup slivered almonds
- In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and the crushed garlic. Saute until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, green beans and black pepper. Toss to coat. Cook 3-5min or until the green beans are tender and crisp.
- Add the almonds and toss. Cook 1-2 minutes to toast the almonds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (1 serving): 116 Calories, 10.1g Total Fat, 1.2g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 4mg Sodium, 6.5g Total Carbohydrate, 2.9g Fiber, 1.2g Sugar, 2.5g Protein
See you guys next time and Happy Thanksgiving!