February is American Heart Month! I shared some of my tips with Jamarcus and WSPA’s Scene on 7 for fats to love, limit and lose in 2018 to keep you heart healthy. Check it out!
For my last tip I shared my Sauteed Green Beans with Toasted Almonds, Lemon & Garlic recipe. It’s quick, easy and packed with fiber and good heart healthy fats! If you don’t have a dish to bring to Thanksgiving dinner – I’ve got you covered!
Sauteed Green Beans with Toasted Almonds, Lemon & Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Cups green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 Cup slivered almonds
- In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and the crushed garlic. Saute until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, green beans and black pepper. Toss to coat. Cook 3-5min or until the green beans are tender and crisp.
- Add the almonds and toss. Cook 1-2 minutes to toast the almonds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (1 serving): 116 Calories, 10.1g Total Fat, 1.2g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 4mg Sodium, 6.5g Total Carbohydrate, 2.9g Fiber, 1.2g Sugar, 2.5g Protein