I shared some of my healthy eating tips for the New Year with Scene on 7 on Monday. Learn how to spot a fad diet, how to have a healthier 2018 and my cauliflower rice burrito bowl recipe (featured at the end of this blog post)!
I am a firm believer in meal planning to help you reach your health and wellness goals! Through Blush Nutrition, I offer custom meal planning for my clients complete with recipe books and grocery lists. Check out my sample One Day Meal Plan below!
Blush Nutrition One Day Sample 1550 Calorie Meal Plan
|Breakfast 7:00AM||6oz Vanilla Greek yogurt with ½ cup blueberries and 1oz almonds (286 calories)|
|Snack 9:30AM||1 medium apple and 2 Tablespoons natural peanut butter (216 calories)|
|Lunch 12:30PM||Pomegranate Grilled Chicken Salad: 2 cups baby spinach, ½ cup pomegranate seeds, 1oz fat free feta cheese, 3oz grilled chicken breast (no skin) and 2 Tablespoons light balsamic vinaigrette dressing (486 calories)|
|Snack 3:30PM||Balanced Breaks® Gouda Natural Cheese with Honey Roasted Peanuts and Dried Cranberries (170 calories)|
|Dinner 6:30PM||Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowl (386 calories)|
|1544 Calories Total*|
* To find out your individualized calorie recommendations please consult a physician or Registered Dietitian
Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowl
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ Cup bell pepper slices
- ½ cup onion slices
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 5oz (½ Package) Steamfresh Cauliflower Rice, cooked
- ¾ Cup (half 15.5oz can) low sodium black beans, rinsed
- ½ Cup grape tomatoes
- 1 100 calorie guacamole package
- 1oz reduced fat Mexican cheese (optional)
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add the olive oil, bell pepper slices, onion slices and black pepper. Sautee until vegetables are cooked, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl add the riced cauliflower. Add the black beans in the upper left corner, the grape tomatoes in the upper right corner, the sautéed peppers and onions in the bottom left corner and the guacamole in the bottom right corner.
- Option to top with reduced fat Mexican cheese, mix, and serve!
Nutrition Facts (1 serving, without cheese): 386 Calories, 24.8g Total Fat, 3.3g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 0g Cholesterol, 524mg Sodium, 36.5g Total Carbohydrate, 10.8g Fiber, 10.1g Sugar, 9.7g Protein
Want to know more about my custom meal planning services? Contact me to set up your FREE 15 minute appointment!