The 3pm hunger strike is real! t’s been a long day, you ate lunch 3-4 hours ago and it’s not time for dinner yet. Your afternoon “snack attack” can make or break the rest of your afternoon, either giving you a major sugar high and energy crash OR giving you sustainable energy through the rest of your work day!
But exactly how do you get this “sustainable snack energy?”
By combing healthy carbohydrates, protein and healthy fat.
The healthy carbs will give you the energy boost you need and the protein and healthy fat will help sustain that energy until dinner time.
10 Healthy Afternoon Snacks
- 1 small apple + ¼ cup unsalted nuts
- ½ banana + 2 Tablespoons of natural peanut butter
- 1 small orange + 1 string cheese stick
- 1 cup raw vegetables + 2 Tablespoons hummus
- 6oz of Greek yogurt + ½ cup fresh berries
- 3 cups air popped popcorn + 1oz cheese
- 1 hard-boiled egg + ½ medium orange
- 3 celery stalks + 2 Tablespoons natural peanut butter + 1 Tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 cup diced watermelon + 1oz feta cheese
- 1 piece of Ezekiel toast + ¼ avocado
Happy afternoon snacking!
(This blog was originally published by Brittany L. Chin Jones, MS, RD, LD for Pure Barre Corp LLC)