I can’t believe it’s been 10 years since I moved to Greenville, SC! I moved here for a job with a start up company after graduating from the Medical University of South Carolina Dietetic Internship, and never looked back.
A LOT has changed in the last decade. I met my person and married him, traveled a ton, had a baby, bought a house, and held several jobs before finally starting and growing my own business!
I was honored to be asked by the TD Saturday Market to participate in their Kitchen Series as it has always been one of my favorite activities in our city!
SC peaches are my absolute favorite, and I had so much fun combining them with ripe tomatoes, fresh cucumbers, meat, cheese, and of course delicious sourdough bread! My recipe features produce from Beachwood Farms, Hyders Farm, and Great Harvest Bread.
Check out my full TD Saturday Market experience and the recipe below!
Farmers Market Peach Panzanella Salad
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 3 Medium Ripe Peaches, sliced
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Small Red Onion, Peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 Cups Cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 12oz Fresh Mozzarella, cut into small pieces
- 4 Cups Whole Wheat Sourdough Bread, 1 day old & cubed
- 6 Slices Prosciutto, sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, honey, and Dijon mustard. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the peaches, tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, mozzarella, cubed bread, and prosciutto. Gently toss with the dressing.
- Arrange the salad on a large platter and top with fresh ground pepper.