Welcome to the #COOK75 Challenge! Over the next four weeks, you will experience how cooking your meals at home can help improve your health, spending habits, and overall stress levels.
From Monday, March 4th through Sunday, March 31st, we will be focusing on eating 90% of our meals at home, and reducing the amount that we dine out whether it is at a sit down restaurant, fast food, or at the work cafeteria. Registered Dietitian Brittany Jones will provide you with the tools needed to make this happen. During this 28 day challenge, you will be cooking 75 meals at home (with the flexibility to eat 9 meals away from home in these 28 days). By the end of this challenge, you will have a library of go-to recipes and meal planning strategies to make your life easier as you enter the busy summer season!
The challenge registration has closed.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Sign up for the challenge above. The challenge tracker and the #COOK75 workbook will be sent to only those who signed up by Friday 3/1/19.
- Use the workbook to help you meal plan and grocery shop for the week. Note that “cooking” a meal at home includes preparing a meal from scratch or *some* pre-cooked ingredients such as chicken sausage/canned tuna/frozen cooked brown rice/bread etc. however foods that you simply reheat and do not alter/add to like frozen pizza or soup from a can do not count. Delivery/take-out does not count as cooking a meal at home.
- Every Monday, submit how many meals you ate home vs. away from home to the Registered Dietitian for accountability. Each submission enters you in for and a chance to win into the random $50 Amazon gift card raffle*
- You will receive an email every Friday with nutrition and meal planning tips, as well as words of encouragement from other members participating in the challenge.
- The gift card winner will randomly be selected and announced on Friday April 5th, 2019! The more weeks you submit your tracker, the better your chances to win. Questions? Email brittanyjonesRD@gmail.com for more information.
*Must be submitted by 11:59PM ET on 3/11, 3/18, 3/25, and 4/4